Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Official MLB thread*

Comments

• OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    We almost lost our hold on that one though...
    I love winning with women
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    cubs already suck this year haha
    go yankees
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    "^But your team's manager smokes....lol.

so does ours"

Jim Leyland does not smoke crack and cocaine.....lol.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I hate the Yankees, but it's hard to not see them repeating....they're even better this year...
  • MyosesMyoses Posts: 1,244 juggalo
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Go White Sox

*leaves thread*
    image Photobucket
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    wow...i see what people mean about red sox fans. they lose one game to the defending champs and people were calling the radio station talking about how bad they are. there is still 160 games to play guys
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    at school yesterday in the student dining common they had three of the four tv's be the red sox yankees game. all the little college girls were out with their pretty red sox clothes on and probably in a half an hour they didnt even look at the television one time lol. This was like 5 different groups of people. Now thats what i call real "fans" The whole red sox yankees thing is so fucking annoying in new england.......
    at a game i went to a couple years ago, there was a group of season ticket holders sitting in front of me. they spent the whole time talking about stuff other than baseball and didnt look at the field once. i almost slapped them in the back of the heads. frustrates me that people like that buy all the tickets and real fans cant afford any. Last year i had the same thing happen at a Bruins game...
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    ^yah i cant even by celtic tickets because of these people, i just want to go to one game a year. i got tix no prob five years ago, where were all these people then?
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    edited April 2010
    A lot of Boston fans aren't even real fans at all. Same goes for the Yankees. Most are just a bunch of bandwagon fans. Shit pisses me off when I get called a bandwagon fan just because I'm a Yankee fan. I've been a Yankee fan my whole life. I love the Red Sox-Yankee rivalrey though. The games are always entertaining and suspenseful. The game wasn't on TV here last night so I "watched" the whole thing through gameday on the Yankees website. Another goood game.
    on a side note, i did manage to get standing room tix at fenway for a red sox / yankees game on oct 1st. its going to be the only game i can go to this year. it will be my son's third game ever, and he's 4 years old. he's seen the Yankees once, and the Mets once allready. Hopefully, the game will have AL East playoff meaning
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    edited April 2010
    "Shit pisses me off when I get called a bandwagon fan just because I'm a Yankee fan. I've been a Yankee fan my whole life."

same here. I don't even have a fucking team in my city, so when the Yankees came down here to play an exhibition game when I was 6 maybe 7 I just stuck with them. I support the Marlins as well because of the the Zephyrs are their Triple-A affiliate.
    i think i would be even more pissed off, being a yankee fan. i have checked out ticket prices and oh boy! they really outpriced the casual fan, worse than the red sox
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    What are the prices?

Here in San Diego they have a bunch of deals.... because the Padres are currently one of the few laughing stocks of the league.

for example: They $22 tickets that include an all you can eat option (on Hot Dogs, Popcorn, and Soda) Its Upper deck.... but Upper Deck in Petco Park is good. It's a beautiful stadium.... it just gets too cold because of the ocean breeze.
    for the Red Sox, the cheapest seats are $12 upper bleachers which is basically 2 rows in the bleachers. Next up is $28 for bleachers. The problem is that ticket agencies buy up all the tix as soon as they go on sale, so the $12 ticket turns into a $75 ticket and so forth. The standing room tickets i got cost me $100 even for 3 tix. took me the whole day of watching online to get them
  • StratophonyStratophony Posts: 9,212 just the tip
    damn... those are NFL prices.

I hate ESPN come Baseball season.... a big part of it is the whole Red Sox/Yankees thing.

I used to play Baseball.... i hate the DH and the American league juicing their stats. lol (true story)
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    fucking tigers game is taped delayed tonight....the red wings and pistons are on.....wtf the pistons are like 30 games under .500
    It's not even worth paying attention to the Pistons with 5 games left in the season and more changes coming.
  • 1DisturbedMthrFckr1DisturbedMthrFckr Posts: 1,027 juggalo
    Yankees take series against Boston :)