Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Official MLB thread*

Comments

• JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Justin Upton though
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    RIP Darren Daulton and Don Baylor

Daulton was always a thorn in the Braves side, and a great player when he could stay healthy. From that era of Phils, he and John Kruk got my respect. Both played hard and got the most out of their skill sets. Sad to see him pass so young

Dom Baylor was the best hittinf coach the Braves have had in my lifetime. Getting him pushed Chipper Jones over the top. Chipper was an above-average player before Baylor came along, but he turned into super man the year Baylor was coach. Baylor was a funny and straitforward guy, too. The Braves groups on fb have been trading best quotes today. 

Cancer sucks
    Verlander one-hitter through 8 innings. ERA under 2 in his last 7 starts. Hey, Astros, there's still time.... :!!
    Jay Bruce to the Indians for a single-A prospect. Still not much of a market for corner outfielders.
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    we should of kept him..gave us a bag of balls for him

Better than losing him for nothing in free agency.
    should of signed him..we just got hit by injury bug this year..next year is coming
    edited August 2017
    Ian Kinsler went in on Angel Hernandez, probably not the first to feel this way:

He was asked if he was surprised at how quickly Hernandez gave him the boot Monday.

“No, I’m surprised at how bad an umpire he is,” Kinsler said. “I don’t know how, for as many years he’s been in the league, that he can be that bad. He needs to reevaluate his career choice, he really does. Bottom line.”

Kinsler was asked if he was speaking on the record.

“Sure,” he said. “If I get fined for saying the truth, then so be it. He’s messing with baseball games, blatantly.”

Hernandez called strike one on Kinsler on a pitch that replays showed to be well below the strike zone. Kinsler questioned that pitch and said Hernandez told him that was a strike.

Kinsler said he told Hernandez that it was only a strike because he called it a strike, and then got back into the box.

On the second pitch, a pitch way outside that Hernandez called a ball, Kinsler turned and said, “What about that one?”

Hernandez tossed him at that point. Kinsler got in his face immediately, pointing at him with his bat at close range. Manager Brad Ausmus interceded at that point and he too got tossed.

“This has to do with changing the game,” Kinsler said. “He’s changing the game. He needs to find another job. He really does.”

Kinsler was asked if he felt Hernandez was just biased against him.

"No," he said. "He's just that bad."

He was asked again the issue was personal between him and Hernandez.

“I’m not mad at him,” Kinsler said. “He just needs to go away.”

Kinsler had his first run-in with Hernandez during his rookie year. He said it was the first on-field scuffle he ever got into with an umpire in the big leagues.

“I fielded a ground ball to my left in Chicago,” he said. “It was a slow-roller. I caught it, flipped it to the first baseman and kept running because it was the last out of the inning. He was out by three steps and Angel called him out.”

When Kinsler came back out to his position the next inning, Hernandez began yelling at him.

“He started screaming at me,” Kinsler said. “For, in my recollection, no reason. For no reason he is belittling me, telling me, ‘Rookie this,’ and ‘Rookie that.’ Because he said I got in his way of making a call at first base. When I flipped the ball to first base, I ran into his line of vision.

“I’m the one playing the game. It’s your job to figure out where to go to get a view of that play. I’m not going to worry about flipping the ball and getting out of the umpire’s way. I had no idea what was going on. I was just like, ‘OK. OK. OK!”

Hernandez, 55, has been a full-time Major League Baseball umpire since 1993. He has worked two World Series (2002 and 2005) but has been denied crew chief status. He has a lawsuit pending against Major League Baseball and commissioner Rob Manfred alleging the league discriminates against minority umpires.

Hernandez cited his positive evaluations, though annual player surveys rank him at or near the bottom in terms of competency. In 2010, an ESPN survey revealed that 22 percent of the players asked called Hernandez the worst umpire in the league.

“Every umpire gets graded out well,” Kinsler said. “Every umpire will tell you the next day, ‘The system had that one a strike.’ Every umpire gets a high rating with their system.”

Kinsler said he counted at least eight obvious missed calls by Hernandez Monday, missing them against both teams.

“Not just borderline calls here and there,” Kinsler said. “There’s arguments on those every game. There are pitches every game where if you call it a strike, the hitter’s going to be mad; and if you call that same pitch a ball, the pitcher’s going to be mad. Umpires have to deal with that every game.

“But when it becomes blatant like this, there is a problem … What is he doing on the field? What is he doing out there? It’s pretty obvious he needs to stop ruining baseball games.”

Major League Baseball does not make umpires available to the media before games, so Hernandez was unavailable for comment.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2017/08/15/kinsler-angel-hernandez-hes-messing-baseball-games-blatantly/104635246/

• SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    That video was hilarious. You could see his lips "You just suck at your job. You're terrible" lol
    Granderson to the Dodgers for a PTBNL or cash. Happy that he's going to get another chance to get a ring.
    He hit a home run off his old friend Verlander today and got a standing ovation from the Tigers crowd yesterday. He's still beloved here even though he was only here for 4 seasons.
    LOL @ the umpire white band protest over what Kinsler said to Hernandez. Petty as fuck, which I guess is not surprising coming from a group that includes Hernandez and Joe West.
    Hernandez is the woat..dude should die 
    edited August 2017
    Rich Hill pitched 8 perfect innings, lost the perfect game on an error in the 9th, still got the no-hitter through 9 but the game was 0-0 so they had to go to extras. He lost the no-hitter on a walk-off home run in the 10th. Brutal.
  • NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,202 mod
    Cabrera just threw hands LOL

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,202 mod
    Fuck the Yankees

• Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    Fuck =)))))))

he came close to connecting on a 1-2 combo
    Heard all of it on Radio....fun game
    Hopefully Sanchez gets suspended for his cheap shots and they miss the playoffs. Way to pick a fight and act tough against a team with nothing to play for.