Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Stephen King Officially Announces 'The Shining' Sequel, 'Dr. Sleep'

SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited September 2011 in Off Topic
a lot of you seem to love The Shining, i didnt like it, but i figured i'd post this anyway for those of you that do.

Back in November of 2009 we reported that Stephen King was hard at work on a literary sequel to "The Shining" entitled "Dr. Sleep." Another horror sites claimed to debunk the story, only they were incredibly wrong.

King posted an updated on official website that confirms that "Dr. Sleep" is in the works and that the plot includes a traveling group of vampires called The Tribe. If the first film is about psychics, I'm not exact sure how vampires work into the equation. Click here to see what King planned for the book back in 2009.

This weekend Steve read an excerpt from this at his appearance at George Mason University. Dig it below!

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/26488

click the link to see the video and to click on the links in the article.
"That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie

Comments

• laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    what is he doing? combining Salem's Lot with the Shining?
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    not really sure. the only movie from a steven king book or whatever that i've actually liked was 1408.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • TravisTravis Posts: 4,971 balls deep
    GOD NO. King is my favorite author, and his books got me through my teenage years....I hate that he's tinkering with a classic.... His books have started to really suck over the last ten years or so.....*sigh* oh well, I knew it would come to this, King turning into the literary George Lucas...
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    thats happening with a lot of directors too. Craven, Carpenter and Hooper have seem to been on a decline lately. more so Carpenter then the others which i hate to say cause he's my favorite director of all time. His last movie, The Ward, was done well and everything but the story has been done so much already, i was surprised that Carpenter agreed to direct that movie. It's like he's been living under a rock the last 10 years. lets put it this way, The Ward would've been FANTASTIC 10 years ago (prior to Shutter Island and Identity). The Ward was pretty much a blatant rip off of those 2 movies.
  • BlindGuardian93BlindGuardian93 Posts: 4,988 jayfacer
    King is trying to cash out on vampires :-w
    I've been lost in endless seas My heart died long ago I curse my failures as I fall from you
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    I've been following this for awhile waiting for an announcement...and now it sounds like shit. Recent books I enjoyed were Cell and Under the Dome though.
    image Photobucket
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,793 spicy boy
    the book wasn't as good as the movie anyway
    King is trying to cash out on vampires :-w
  • fucketh_thine_selffucketh_thine_self Posts: 3,363 just the tip
    meh Stephen King hasn't wrote a decent book in 15+ years
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    GOD NO. King is my favorite author, and his books got me through my teenage years....I hate that he's tinkering with a classic.... His books have started to really suck over the last ten years or so.....*sigh* oh well, I knew it would come to this, King turning into the literary George Lucas...
    I agree 100%. I sorta liked Cell, but that was it. The Stand and a lot of his short stories are among my favorite books I've ever read though.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    edited September 2011
    I agree 100%. I sorta liked Cell, but that was it. The Stand and a lot of his short stories are among my favorite books I've ever read though.
    oh man, I thought Cell was atrocious.....it was like he had it in mind for a movie from the start.......And the Stand is the best thing I've ever read, period....yes i know there are other, haughty literary masterpieces out there, but The Stand is a Behemoth of modern popular fiction......
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Cell was a fun story, but its imagery, etc was not up to par of the rest of King's work.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page