Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Fucking Awesome!

SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
edited June 2012 in Off Topic
There’s A ‘Resident Evil’-Themed Restaurant Opening Its Doors Next Month… In Japan

That’s it, I’m moving to Japan. Let me just get my awful REstaurant joke out of the way–all right, I’m good. So it would seem that Capcom is looking to make eating in Japan roughly 500% more fun by opening a Resident Evil (known as Biohazard in Japan) restaurant in the Shibuya ward of Tokyo on July 13th. Apparently, they don’t give a damn about the superstitions surrounding Friday the 13th, or maybe they’re just uber-confident that everyone will flock to what will almost certainly be the coolest restaurant in the world. Screw you, Applebee’s, and your way too happy singing goons who I have to endure every time I visit you because I’ve lied and said it was my birthday. Spoiler: it wasn’t my birthday, I just wanted the free dessert.

The “Biohazard Cafe & Grill S.T.A.R.S.” manages to successfully continue Japan’s still unbroken streak of coming up with god awful names and since there’s a very good chance it will have a real live S.T.A.R.S. member handy to shoot those who lie about their birthday right in their lying face, I will be visiting it on my actual birthday, just to be safe.

Ah, Capcom, you still haven’t learned how to spell, have you?

The restaurant opens its doors on July 13th in the Shibuya Parco Part-1 department store. If this thing gets as popular as it deserves to become, I suggest Capcom’s next step be to open a similar restaurant that’s underground and Umbrella Corporation themed. Then hungry visitors will have to choose which side they’re on: are you on Team S.T.A.R.S. or Team Umbrella?

Obviously, this will need to be taken a step further with all out war between the diners of the two restaurants. Now that be a fun dining experience, assuming you’re on the side that wins. The losers have to do the dishes and I’m sure you all know that that’s pretty much the worst thing in the world.

I’d keep going but I really need to check for flight prices to Tokyo, those things get crazy expensive if you don’t snatch them up fast.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3149984/the-very-first-resident-evil-themed-restaurant-is-opening-its-doors-next-month-in-japan/
"That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,621 master of ceremonies
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    yeah, lucky and unlucky numbers can be different from country to country. in italy 13 is a lucky number.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • sbs_willsbs_will Posts: 18,648 salt miner
    This is quite possibly the coolest thing ever. Japan is on my bucket list to visit anyway. I know where I'm stopping first.

I wonder if they'll be offering up Brains as a dish.
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,621 master of ceremonies

and about the whole "friday the 13th" thing, they don't believe in that superstition over there. I have a feeling I'm wrong but I believe the number 4 is the number they associate with death and bad luck. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
    No you are right mam. The number 4 and 9 are considered unlucky over there. They take it so serious that level 4 and 9 don't exist in hospitals or hotels lol.