Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

music vs family

laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
edited June 2012 in Off Topic
I have tix to see Iron Maiden tonight. My wife's grandmother is on her death bed. Should i not go to the concert tonight and be with the wife thru her grandmother's death...or say fuck it and go? Keep in mind i haven't been to too many shows since Samuel was born and i missed Iron Maiden on the original SSOASS tour....and the in-laws don't give 2 shits about me

Comments

• MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    Go be with your wife and show in-laws that you are a great supporting husband?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I would say yes, go see her. But if they don't give two shits about you then talk it over with your wife. If you let her know you'll be there for her and she's ok with it go to Maiden. You already have tickets as well
    imageimage
  • laurjohn2laurjohn2 Posts: 6,951 balls deep
    another side note...tickets are paperless and if i don't go i am out $195 and my friend i am suppose to go with is screwed over
    another side note...tickets are paperless and if i don't go i am out $195 and my friend i am suppose to go with is screwed over
    Women don't like their men wasting money, so I think you def should go. She'll most likely be ok with it too at that price
    imageimage
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited June 2012
    If it was your wife's mother, you'd be a jerk for not staying with her.... but grandmother? Yeah still sucks a little but the degree of suckage for your wife is manageable. Dont miss this concert. Unless after talking it over with your wife she really wants you there and wants you to miss it. I doubt that doe.
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Go to the show carry your phone. Put it on vibrate, and if something goes down leave and meet up with your wife.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    actually Ape...you got a point. i was planning on carpooling to the show, but i think i will bring my own car in case i need to leave early
  • WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I guess ape's answer is a good one... but really it's a grandma. Not trying to minimize the pain, but it's about on the same level as losing your family cat. Maybe I've just never been as close to my grandparents, so my opinion is a bad one :-??
    my wife has visited her grandmother twice in the last year...but she hasn't dealt with death in her family in the last 18 years
    Just take my suggestion and go with it. I'm guessing the grandma is pretty old based on your age. When my great grandmother passed at 96 years old it was more of a happy feeling because I know she was ready for it.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • TortureQueenTortureQueen Posts: 805 just the tip
    edited June 2012
    Personally if the tickets are already purchased I wouldn't expect my significant other to miss the show because of that I would expect to be able to reach him at any given point that I may need to just in case things turn bad and I needed some comforting words or someone to vent to. I don't think at this point it is imparitive that you be there.... however I am not your wife.... check with her on her feelings and present your side to her well, that's alot of cash to just throw away.
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    if you spent that much money you gotta go
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have tix to see Iron Maiden tonight. My wife's grandmother is on her death bed. Should i not go to the concert tonight and be with the wife thru her grandmother's death...or say fuck it and go? Keep in mind i haven't been to too many shows since Samuel was born and i missed Iron Maiden on the original SSOASS tour....and the in-laws don't give 2 shits about me
    IRON MAIDEN.

I wonder what he decided to do?
    He's at the show
    imageimage
    How do you know?
  • 1D_for_life1D_for_life Posts: 13,785 destroyer of motherfuckers
  • SkullAndCrossbonesSkullAndCrossbones Posts: 16,452 destroyer of motherfuckers
    i agree with wake on the "its not like it's her mother" thing. sounds bad but that's how it is with me. im sure some people are really close with their grandparents but i see my grandparents like 4 or 5 times a year because they live reasonably close but i see my parents and bro every single day.
    "That's another thing I love about metal, it's so fuckin' huge yet certain people don't even know it exists." - Rob Zombie
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,793 spicy boy
  • TigerTiger Posts: 2,116 balls deep
    T
    I'd go
    Inlaws going to be dicks regardless.
    The day you need a gun and don't have one, may be your last.