Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Will you be checking out the new Metallica album?

Comments

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    3?
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited October 2016
    Yes-Death Magnetic was interesting enough for me to look into a new album and well shit its Metallica.
    Yeah "Atlas, Rise!" was released on their website a couple of days ago and they played it on Kimmel I think. 

EDIT: I was very misinformed. They released it for a half hour on their website and you got to hear it if you were a fan club member. Its officially releasing today (10/31) at some point. 
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    FUCK YEAH! Gonna be an 11/10 just like Death Magnetic
    Yeah.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,404 spicy boy
    Iv heard the first two singles. They are as bad as anything Metallica has done. My interest is about as high as the amount of points the bears are going to score tonight

Yes-Death Magnetic was interesting enough for me to look into a new album and well shit its Metallica.
    Moth To Flame was a little better 
    Intro for the new song kind of sounds like black album stuff. Chorus Through the never almost. 

http://loudwire.com/metallica-new-song-atlas-rise/
  • GazorpazorpfieldGazorpazorpfield Posts: 22,293 master of ceremonies
    Lol Metallica
    I never did download death magnetic. 
    image Photobucket
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,404 spicy boy
    fuck you jay 
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    Dime said:
    Figured might as well bump with a new album coming in a little over two weeks. Any one experience an opinion change since we've gotten 3 singles? Or is anyone who was interested still interested? 

Joining Metallica is the worst thing Rob Trujillo ever did. It killed the entire second half of his career.
    Pass the god damn butter.
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    No doubt. And that paper made other shit like his documentary possible. But the amount of stuff he has been able to put out has damn near ground to a halt since he joined, especially if you look at the rate he was putting out new music earlier in his career.
    You just gonna throw flags Jay or you wanna talk about Lulu?
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    Lol Metallica
    Jobe is right. I saw Trujillo play with Suicidal, Ozzy and with Jerry Cantrell and Zakk Wylde on Cantrell's solo tour in 2001. He was a motherfucking beast back in the day. When he was younger, I would've put him in the company of Flea and Les Claypool easily. With Metallica, he's in the same place Gary Payton was with The Lakers or Charles Barkley with the Rockets; A guy that has been captain of his own team now decided to be a role player on a team of aging stars. The worst part is that Metallica is notorious for wanting their members to stay away from outside projects. 
    Agreed. Rob with ST>Rob with Metallica 
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    If I hear it somewhere whatever, but I'm not going to try to listen to it.
    SATAN said:
    Jobe is right. I saw Trujillo play with Suicidal, Ozzy and with Jerry Cantrell and Zakk Wylde on Cantrell's solo tour in 2001. He was a motherfucking beast back in the day. When he was younger, I would've put him in the company of Flea and Les Claypool easily. With Metallica, he's in the same place Gary Payton was with The Lakers or Charles Barkley with the Rockets; A guy that has been captain of his own team now decided to be a role player on a team of aging stars. The worst part is that Metallica is notorious for wanting their members to stay away from outside projects. 
    Did you ever check out the project Rob was starting with the dudes from Torche? 
    inb4lists
    edited November 2016
    Lol Metallica
    Rob might have been more useful when Metallica still had their teeth. They've been either by-the-numbers or in midlife crisis mode since he joined
    Lol Metallica
    I guess considering all this, Trujillo still is in the same category as Flea. Flea hasn't done anything worth a fuck since Californication 
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    the bass work on Stadium Arcadium is fucking lit. his bass playing still plays a big role in RHCP's music even if their last two albums are whatever. 
    The Peppers don't stop him from being Flea though. Metallica ain't trying to have Rob lay down the funk.