Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Yeah its funny i'm super critical but i like to go into every movie/show/book with an open mind. Like after the movie i basically ranted to my girlfriend about all the shit i posted above for like 15 minutes and she was like "sooo you didnt like it" and i was like "no i fucking loved it" =)

I understand MC's point of view because nerds just like to over analyze shit and break apart every single detail. But sometimes you just gotta enjoy shit.
    @NOLA you mad cuz i called dibs bruh?
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    I should start out by saying I need to six it at least three more times to make a good judgement.

liked:
    • harrison/carrie/mark/anthony
    • fx were awesome as expected
    • bb-8
    • opening weekend didnt see a mass shooting
    disliked:
    • the throwback overload. it was too much. I appreciate a few "hey remember when"s but not as many as they had.
    • the new dude in the role of the emperor or whatever. felt like some lotr/halo shit, not star wars.
    • the idea of a stormtrooper turning into a good guy (on his first battle, right?) was an alien idea in my mind. just the idea that stormtroopers were always kind of half brain guys with bad aim, and then you suddenly have this one whos revealed to be an ace pilot sensitive black man badass, and its just weird.
    • the interaction between han and leia was weak. then he fucking dies.
    • on that note, kylo's emotional connection with han should have been emphasizes and focused on much more for that death scene to feel genuinely upsetting. I wanted to SEE more explanation behind kylos turn to the dark side., not just "hes out son. bring him back." "I will." it felt like it was planned out way too flat and easy.
    • they never explained in any way why the lightsabers have the two sides of mini beams
    • HAN Y
    • luke was in it for forty seconds and had no line. (was a pretty cool scene to end on though.)
    • HAN Y
    I love winning with women
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    I think I seen an article that explained why he had no lines but I never cared enough to read it
    imageimage
    it actually worked out well. like i said, the scene was great. just the right amount of anticipation. but Id like to have heard him.
    also chewy going full jihad when han died was dope
    Dude, stormtroopers were clones genetically modified to be obidient in the original trilogy. In the new film they stopped using clones and starting abducting children to raise as soldiers. 
    Making the dark side just a shade darker. Nice touch
    imageimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Dime said:
    I hate that. When people go in skeptical about shit, sometimes even if they like it they'll stay skeptical because it was cemented into their mind set before hand.
    That goes both ways tho. 

But regardless... No, i meant that it was rushed. They threw in as many characters as they could, as quickly as they could, to get ready for the battle at the end. 

And i don't consider myself a "Star Wars fan", I'll watch the movies once or twice and i do enjoy them to an extent. The new one was solid, but i definitely believe people had it embedded into their minds that it was going to be amazing no matter what, which is just as annoying as what you described above. And the death scene didn't affect me more than most dramatic death scenes do because i saw it coming, like you said. I'm a movie buff/journalist,  i pick things apart. I thought the movie was alright. /shrugs
    inb4lists
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    Dab said:

I understand MC's point of view because nerds just like to over analyze shit and break apart every single detail. But sometimes you just gotta enjoy shit.
    Its StarWars. I wanted it to be perfect, and it doesnt seem like it is. EA fucked up Battlefront and seems like Disney fucked up the movies. 

... said:
    Dime said:
    I hate that. When people go in skeptical about shit, sometimes even if they like it they'll stay skeptical because it was cemented into their mind set before hand.
    . I'm a movie buff/journalist,  i pick things apart. I thought the movie was alright. /shrugs
    Since when? 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    > hasnt seen the movie
    > comes into this thread
    Entire movie has already been spoiled for me, so 0
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,621 master of ceremonies
    ... said:
    Dime said:
     I'm a movie buff/journalist,  i pick things apart. I thought the movie was alright. /shrugs
    )lol no you arent. Which characters did they rush to get ready for thr battle at the end? Fin, Rey, Poe, Kylo, Hux, Phasma, Snoke, Han, Chewie, and BB-8 were all established characters more than half way through the movie. Only one that was maybe rushed was the bitch with coke bottles on her eyes but even then they gave her a mini back story on who she is and what she does. 
    Movies aren't ever perfect...
    imageimage
    Movies aren't ever perfect...
    Orig trig, and LotR, and Birdemic are
    I stopped caring about your movie opinion when you put Birdemic in a perfect section. My fuckin lord
    imageimage
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    ... said:
    Dime said:
     I'm a movie buff/journalist,  i pick things apart. I thought the movie was alright. /shrugs
    )lol no you aren't.
    Damn, I guess i should just not have an opinion then. 
    inb4lists
    I stopped caring about your movie opinion when you put Birdemic in a perfect section. My fuckin lord
    Its a joke. I love Birdemic because of how horrible it is. The orig trig and the LotR trilogy really is perfect though.
    Original trilogy is far from perfect. I just rewatched all 6 movies the week before the new movie came out and Satan was totally spot on. Empire Strikes back is the only one i'd consider a "perfect" or "fantastic" movie. The rest are good, not great.
    Empire Strikes Back is the best movie ever made