Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

New Star Wars Thread *SPOILERS*

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Not even top 5
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    edited December 2015
    Well, now you should see the standard I hold Starwars to, and why Im not happy with what Ive been hearing about the new one.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • NecrothulhuNecrothulhu Posts: 33,444 master of ceremonies
    That's your own damn fault
    imageimage
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Movies aren't ever perfect...
    Someone hasn't seen Pulp Fiction
    I have, never thought of it as perfect though. In fact I never have of any movie I've seen
    imageimage
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,793 spicy boy
    I didn't like it

Daisy Ridley qualifies for the D though
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    reservoir dogs>pulp fiction
    I love winning with women
    Going to see it today
    MC's Review :!! 
    edited December 2015
    Its decent. A lot I liked. A lot I hated. Itd fit in with the prequels
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
    edited December 2015
    Pros:
    Special effects, practical effects were done very well.
    I think they handled Han, Leia, and Chewie very well.
    Finn was a very solid character, like him a lot. 
    I liked that they gave the storm troopers some emotion, and they aren't just cannon fodder behind a mask.
    Chewbaca is a badass.
    Was fun to watch
    Wilhelm scream included.

Cons:
    I didn't like Finn's origin: he was a storm trooper, brainwashed since childhood - why all of a sudden is he good?
    Kylo Ren was an emo kid.
    Borrowed A LOT from the original trilogy - lacked originality, and fed off hype and nostalgia, and was fairly predictable.
    Kylo basically looses a fight against Rey - Rey, who just discovered she had force powers, and just held a lightsaber for the first time vs Kylo, who has been training for years and was trained by LUKE SKYWALKER HIMSELF!
    They wrote off the prequel trilogy. 
    I don't think the tech advanced enough - for example still using TIE Fighters and X-Wings. 
    Entire plot is Deus Ex Machina, and there was too much "well I'll tell you about it later". 
    R2D2 was done very weirdly. 
    Kylo should have had more happen at that big scene.
    Post edited by MetalCoresades on
    Am I the only one that thought when Finn escaped that his lack of consideration for the lives of his fellow storm troopers was fucked up? I mean...five minutes ago those dudes were taking showers together, getting ready to grub out after a hard day's raiding. Next thing you know, he's blasting them on his way out without conscience. Flash forward 2 days and BB8 is showing him where Luke Skywalker is. Star Wars logic...
    SATAN said:
    Am I the only one that thought when Finn escaped that his lack of consideration for the lives of his fellow storm troopers was fucked up? I mean...five minutes ago those dudes were taking showers together, getting ready to grub out after a hard day's raiding. Next thing you know, he's blasting them on his way out without conscience. Flash forward 2 days and BB8 is showing him where Luke Skywalker is. Star Wars logic...
    Yea, Finn's origin was BS. No way around it
    It's like they were like "how are we gonna find a way to shoehorn a token nig in for this series?" It made me lol that they still made him a coward and the jock white girl still wanted his D lol
    Thinking about it though, Storm Troopers are all about anonimity, so he probably didnt know his brothers
    I wonder how long it's going to take for people to just be like, "they shouldn't have made 7/8/9 at all"
    imageimage
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    SATAN said:
    It's like they were like "how are we gonna find a way to shoehorn a token nig in for this series?" It made me lol that they still made him a coward and the jock white girl still wanted his D lol
    Why cant a character just be black? Why does it have to be a token nig?
    The shit about Rey is starting to piss me off. She was deserted on a desert planet where she had to find for herself. Her hand to hand combat comes from fighting others to survive in a harsh environment and her ability to b agile and fast and just generally a good mover comes from scavenging busted down ships and scaling them like fucking Tomb Raider for parts. She's been fending for herself for YEARS. That plays a part in how she was able to handle her force powers decently, despite being quick. Even then, the force EMBODIES people. It shows you the way. I hate people acting like she was just a character that was made good out of nowhere. She had a good background established of her being a tough, agile scavenger who had dealt with many hardships already. Its not like they dropped her into a scene with no explanation and decided "Ya know what, she's just going to be an all around bad ass." Easily the best new character. 
    For the record, people are giving Kylo Ren to much shit to. The whole point of him is that he is just a whiny teenager who is mentally confused and is still miles behind where he needs to be. He's trying to mimic Vader. I LOVE that we are going to get to watch his character grow and flesh out. Thats what makes it so good. Every Star Wars movie ever all we got was an established villain who was already good at everything. I like that he's still in training. I like that he's still trying to cope with being on the dark side. Not to mention, he was injured in that fight anyway. The fact that he was able to fight back at all was miraculous. He had just killed his father causing so much mental confliction and he got fucking pawned by Chewbaca. Direct shot, man. People are nit picking way to much. All these mega nerds need to stop looking for shit to dislike. 
    I have to disagree. Lightsabers in the past had required a lot of training. And are weapons help for Jedi, mainly, because of the force is needed for skilled used (with exception to some people like Grevious). Her mastering the force in 2 seconds, and going toe to toe with a sith who had been training to years, under Luke fucking Skywalker himself, cheapens what the force means, and cheapens the training needed to efficiently use a lightsaber.