Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The official MU Guitar thread

WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
General Guitar talk. Post your guitars, or discuss future purchases.... etc

Comments

• WakeOfAshesWakeOfAshes Posts: 21,665 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Anyone have any preferences on acoustics? I was down at the House of Guitars in Rochester last night and I came super close to walking out the door with a Taylor 110e. Such a rich, warm sounding guitar... love at first sight. only thing holding me back was I didn't walk in planning to spend 600 and then I kept wondering if there was something even better I should be looking at. I want a new acoustic that is for sure
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,484 spicy boy
    I have three guitars. Two electric, one grandpas guitars. 

The electrics:
    PRS SE Singlecut standard in red
    Dean Razorback in black

Grandpas guitars:
    Godin Seagull
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    I have one guitar and three basses

My guitar is a greg bennet TR3

i have a black ibanez gio series
    a sunburst squier fretless jazz bass tuned to A standard
    and a squier pawn shop bass VI
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Two Bass 
    Black Ibanez and a Black Dean 

One electric
    White Harmony 

And one electric/acoustic Fender 
    How old is your Godin Seagull ? Have you had it looked at?

My shitty acoustic broke a B string so I went down to HOG last night to buy one... I brought it with cause I was hoping it would convince me to buy a new one. I can't remember how I got the guitar but I picked it up in the 90's when I was doing lots of drugs. I feel like I traded a pack of smokes for it, but honestly I couldnt remember. Well the guy working at House of Guitars really liked my guitar for being a shitty guitar. Apparently it's a 1970's Korean made Harmony. Most Harmony's are American made but before they went out of business they sold the name to several Asian outfits. He thought it was cool to have this 70's Korean guitar that was in really good shape for it's age and sounded decent. Don't misunderstand me... It's not a great guitar, just slightly unusual.  
    How old is your Godin Seagull Have you had it looked at?

My shitty acoustic broke a B string so I went down to HOG last night to buy one... I brought it with cause I was hoping it would convince me to buy a new one. I can't remember how I got the guitar but I picked it up in the 90's when I was doing lots of drugs. I feel like I traded a pack of smokes for it, but honestly I couldnt remember. Well the guy working at House of Guitars really liked my guitar for being a shitty guitar. Apparently it's a 1970's Korean made Harmony. Most Harmony's are American made but before they went out of business they sold the name to several Asian outfits. He thought it was cool to have this 70's Korean guitar that was in really good shape for it's age and sounded decent. Don't misunderstand me... It's not a great guitar, just slightly unusual.  
    Its like... 10 years old or so. Have it looked at how? I had it serviced once like 8 years ago.

Its like... 10 years old or so. Have it looked at how? I had it serviced once like 8 years ago.
    Wait... like your grandpa gave it to you 10 years ago brand new? Or it's his guitar from the 60's or some shit like that? Looked at as in Vintage guitars are cool and sometimes worth a bit of money... not that you'd sell it.
    Dime said:

What model/year?

The electrics:

This one?

Wait... like your grandpa gave it to you 10 years ago brand new? Or it's his guitar from the 60's or some shit like that? Looked at as in Vintage guitars are cool and sometimes worth a bit of money... not that you'd sell it.
    It wasnt from my grandfather. Grandpas guitars means acoustic. Its a phrase from Metalocalypse.

The electrics:

This one?

This one

It wasnt from my grandfather. Grandpas guitars means acoustic. Its a phrase from Metalocalypse.
    oh duh. I stopped watching that show... I should pick it back up.
    Dime said:

What model/year?
     FA-135CE