Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Say Something Random (NSFW)

Comments

• Stoned_CatzStoned_Catz Posts: 34,915 jayfacer
    I dont have to worry about even if I did want kids
    ure dad will be disappointed about no grandchildz proly more disappointed he raised a pussyphobe

[-(

blue turbins

From Those Fishes - I Fingered An Old Bitch (i got Aids on my finger)

• ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    It's so frustrating for me to see anyone under 25 depressed. I just wanna be like "You think it sucks now..."
    I don't think it "sucks", i just feel indifferent about it. If you asked me what i actually wanted to do, i couldn't give you an answer. I can understand where you're coming from with it, but you're essentially saying the same thing applies to every person. I don't agree with that. I don't think life sucks, I'm not going to say it's hard because i know others have it harder. That's not what i was saying, if it came off that way then I apologize. To be honest, I don't even know what i want to do. I know that i can continue to ride out the construction and photography stuff for a while, at the very least. But I can also tell you with complete sincerity that it does nothing to or for me personally other than just providing work. And i understand that that's a good thing in itself, I just feel no happiness or anything out of it. It doesn't make me sad or angry and whatever, it just feels purposes-less. Idk, I really don't know how  to properly explain it to you. All i know is that I just want to be around certain people, and that i feel like I'm missing part of my life being away. idk.
    inb4lists
    ... said:
    ... said:
    I'd like to get some honest opinions on something, if that's alright. After busting ass for 4 years doing this music photography stuff, doing 50+ shows a year, traveling and shooting shows in 7 states and Idk how many fucking cities, I've finally started to get actual recognition and credibility in what I do. I still have a lot of work and learning to come, but it feels like I'm taken at least somewhat seriously now. But with all that being said, I've been thinking on it for the last 2-3 months, and I've come to a few conclusions. One of which is realizing that out of everywhere I've been, my own home state and general areas (Tampa, orlando, st Pete etc) is the one that's given me the least support. I've noticed that people only promote their buddies, even though most of them suck at it. Not to say I'm the best or anything though. Its just a little disheartening to know how fucking little a scene gives a shit after all I've done for Idk how many local bands and venues. On top of that, I've come to the realization that I don't love doing this anymore, that it's become a job over a passion or hobby. It doesn't make me happy, it's more of a distraction. I just don't know if I should keep going with it, even if it's not what I love, or if I should reconsider other options within my construction job. It's physically much more straining, but the money and travel is better. So yeah, I guess Idk what I'm really looking for. 

I think if you stop now, you'll regret it the rest of your life. Who gives a shit if a "scene" shows you love? Especially a shitty Florida scene nobody cares about. That's just here today, bankrupt and drug addicted tomorrow people. You think you've achieved notoriety but until you're shooting for Noisy or Pitchfork or some other relevant site, you haven't really made it, have you? You're just getting to base camp. Gotta scale the summit before you expect for people to give a shit. I don't believe for a second that you don't really dig what you do. I just don't think you're getting the reward from it that you think you deserve. Be patient. 
    I'm over the Florida scene in general at this point. There's still some cool bands, but there's no actual "scene", just a pissing contest. I've gotten more help out of the Nashville, Baltimore and Worcester scenes in 7 months or less each than i have in years with FL. It's just aggravating considering the amount of time i put into it, or at least that I tried. Regardless, I never said i actually "made it". I know I'd have years for that to actually happen, I've done media/journalism for roughly 7 years now, and the photography stuff for 4 years. Most of the people i know who do this stuff have done it for two or three times as long, and are still pushing. I think you can say you've "made it" when you can do it for a living, which not many can. But i can honestly tell you that going to shows doesn't excite me as much anymore. Even when it's bands i enjoy, there are times when i just don't even want to be there and be around people. Even then, 50% of the shows i do are shows I would have no interest in attending if not for the business of it. And I'll be completely honest with you, part of it is just that it takes up so much time, and it keeps me away from certain people sometimes. I don't have a doubt in my mind that while it wasn't the sole reason, it (as well as my construction job) played a part in ruining the only relationship I've ever had that actually mattered at all. Just the being away so much aspect of it. Hell, I haven't actually had one at all in about a year at this point. Not to say it's the most important thing, i just kinda miss being able to just want to be around/with anyone. That is honest-to-god the only reason i ever go back to FL, is to be around the few people i actually want to be around. I don't mind the crew i work in, but we're so different that i have no interest in going out with them. I love traveling, but I will fully admit that it gets lonely after a while, at times. And yes, I realize most people's answers to that would be "go out and meet new people". I work 6 days a week, plus i shoot 50-60 shows a year (most of the time I'm too preoccupied at shows anyways). The very little time I have to myself, I'm too tired and sore to go out anywhere. I honestly can't even remember the last time I went to a movie theater, or hell, the last time i sat and watched a movie with someone. 95% of my time is working, sleeping, eating and traveling. My co-worker told me he thinks I'm depressed. And I was for a long time, but now I understand the difference between being depressed and just simply being exhausted. I won't argue that it might play a small part in it, but yeah. Not to mention my add, mild ocd and insomnia don't exactly help the situation either. Mix it all with extreme stubbornness. I will literally convince myself everything is fine, and to just keep going and going. But fuck man, I'm just beyond tired. I feel like i could sleep for a week. But now i have to go edit these Strawberry Girls show photos that I should've been doing instead of writing this extremely and unnecessarily long post......inb4 TLDR. 
    You wanna conduct an experiment? Find out which relationships are worth keeping? Stop calling. See who tries to continue being in your life. That's who is worth giving your time to. That happened to me the organic way by me working full time and having a baby. Honestly: Social media is fucking you younger dudes up by tethering you to unnecessary relationships. There used to be a period after high school or college or just about any other life progression where you shedded unnecesary "friends" and moved on. 
    Believe me dude, I know that much. I've had to learn that myself for the last 3-4 years or so. It's occasionally hilarious when I'll hit people up to hang, but get no response. But when i get an extra ticket for a big show, all of a sudden they hit me up about it lol. I ignore those people. If i had to ask myself about how many people would still hit me up if i stopped calling, I would say two. I agree with you about Facebook/social media, though. As far as the photography stuff goes, I've been looking to leave the outlet I've been shooting for and working for another. I have a lot of personal and professional disagreements with the owner. But i also understand that I will have less free will in terms of having access to shows over other writers/photographers involved. I'm just currently riding out the summer fests and seeing what happens. 
    inb4lists
    Gary said:
    In before "I AINT HAVING NO KIDS"...I said the same thing
    Yeah lol same!
    I know that it's kind of a cliche thing to say at this point in age, but I honestly never want kids. I frankly do not enjoy them. I didn't even hold my niece/nephew when they were small enough for it, i just have no emotional connection to kids. Not only that, but I would feel physically irresponsible. I know I would be a shitty dad. Is what it is. 
    inb4lists
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Absolutely. Fuck kids. 
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • Me_Me_ Posts: 13,701 salt miner
    It's def. an experience...lol
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    this has been bugging the hell out of me... what are the two symbols in front of the female sign??? i see everyone post this but i cant see them because my phone doesnt support those emojis or something  =)))

I love winning with women
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,793 spicy boy
    Mine did that before my last software update, but I use an iPhone
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Gary said:
    Lol I'm for real not going to tho. Both my gf and parents support that. What you gotta say to that? 
    Most people I know dont want kids lol
    Gary said:
    Lol I'm for real not going to tho. Both my gf and parents support that. What you gotta say to that? 
    Most people get pregnant by accident....If ya don't abort then looks like your gonna be a dad..You might be with a girl who is against that..Happens everyday
    edited June 2017
    The #1 reason couples I know break up is because they go into the relationship not wanting kids and one of them changes their mind down the road. #2 and #3 reasons are the same scenario except with finding religion and changing political opinion. People change all the time and reassess their wants and goals. You guys are kinda cute with your youthful assertions, but you shouldn't be so naive
    Dont have to worry about kids if you never have the sex :-?
    Like my old grand daddy used to say, "The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect."
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I like kids. Im really good with them too and they seem to like me. Maybe it's because I still love cartoons and junk lol I personally do want kids. It's funny because I don't know how I feel about marriage but I want kids. I've honestly been contemplating adoption for when I'm financially and physically ready to support a child. But that's just me. I know plenty of people who don't want kids and are just kind of indifferent if they do have kids. 
    I didn't drag nothing down..I didn't say nothing wrong. I just said how things happen more times than not. You don't have to continue to throw daggers at me ugly ginger fuck
    Also my gene pool is excellent Mr. Verizon Salesman...You remind me of "Jake" from Statefarm
    No rational person would ever want kids. Extra financial burden, incredibly demanding responsibility, the loss of all your free time and social life, with no gain for doing it, they what, eat your food, drain your youth, and steal your money. And dont give me that "having kids changes your life. Its the best decision ever" crap. We all know you'd be happier with more freetime, more money, and a house without little fuckers tearing it up and running amok.