Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Scorpion coming though
    That dude is a great actor. He's fantastic in "Better Call Saul"
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    I dont even know what Agent Venom is. I'd be happy enough if they can just pull off regular Venom without managing to destroy the MCU first
    I'm torn about the ASM movies because I thought Garfield and Stone were good in their roles and really good together, but the rest of it was a mess. Both movies had forgettable to downright laughable villains too. 
    I loved the Lizard. Dr. Manhatten Lite, Retard Russian Rhino and Genome Goblin can gtfo tho
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    I dont even know what Agent Venom is. I'd be happy enough if they can just pull off regular Venom without managing to destroy the MCU first
    Dude read it. I like Agent Venom more than Eddie Brock at this point.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
    Basically Flash joins the army and fights in Iraq. He gets injured in battle while saving his squad and loses both of his legs. He is given Venom by the US government as part of a super soldier project. Its really awesome.

I have a figure

• DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    I have mixed feelings. Im almost with MC. I thought the characters/acting were great. Holland killed the role and just was great overall. Aunt Bae was fine too. She played it well enough. Vulture was pretty sick as well. I guess more of my problems were with the execution of the story. There seemed to be alot of dicking around and honestly, even though Tony's role was way smaller than I thought it would be, the Iron Man Deus ex machina annoyed the crap out of me. I loved the ship scene until Iron Man arrived. I feel like it would have been so much better for the ship to have sank and Peter learned this on his own, rather than Iron Man bailing him out. The speech Tony gave following that scene was great, it was just the fact that Iron Man showed up to save him that couple of times that annoyed me. I also didn't really see much of a chemistry between Peter and Vulture. I love Keaton and the twist of him being Liz' dad was something I legitimately didn't see coming, but he ultimately went down due to a malfunction and I thought we were definitely lacking a big end fight. The action was okay, but nothing in that department ever really came out and impressed me all that much. Flash was pretty stupid as well. I loved the Easter eggs on it though and tbh I wasn't dissatisfied with the reveal of Pepper at the end. Lol'd when Happy said he'd been holding onto the ring since 08. The M.J. reveal was pretty awkward and clunky. I think my biggest hang up was how high tech the suit was. I know it was made by Stark and I'm not a huge comic reader so I don't know if that's how his suit was at one point, but I always saw Spidey as relatively low tech and the suit being basically a mini Iron Man suit kinda irked me. The ending was brilliant though =)) so much better than a cheesy "Who am I? I'm Spider-Man" ending. The troll end credits scene was funny too. Like I said, Holland was amazing and we got some nice fleshed out characters and some cool effects, but overall definitely not a jaw dropping or amazing movie. Still solid though. 6.5/10
    Overall, Spider-Man 2>Spider-Man>Amazing Spider-Man=Spider-Man Homecoming>Spider-Man 3>Amazing Spider-Man 2. 
    edited July 2017
    Spidey got a hi-tech suit from Iron Man when he became Iron Spider but that wasnt until Civil War in the comics.
    I was the only one out of my group that didn't like that, but it just really struck a chord with me and I just couldn't dig that at all. It just didn't warrant any situation to have it be that hi-tech
    Agree
    Some more easter eggs 

- when Spidey is interrogating Donald Glover's character, the license plate on the car reads UCS-M01 aka Ultimate Comics Spider-Man 01, the first issue where Miles Morales appears. 

- For those that dont know, years ago fans of Donald Glover petitioned to have him cast as Peter Parker in the first reboot. This inspired Marvel writers to create Miles Morales, an alternate universe version of Spider-Man. Glover plays the uncle/villain of the character whose creation he helped inspire. 

- The principal of the high school is the grandson of a member of Captain America's WW2 squad, The Howling Commandos. They're portrayed by the same actor.

- the suit Tony Stark offers Peter at the end of the movie was most likely this (or at least a nod to it)

Yeah I loved Donald Glover in it. I didn't see him in any of the trailers so that was a nice surprise. Instantly, I was like yes =)) that motherfucker was petitioned to be in Spider-Man for so long. Glad to see Gambino getting some Spider-Man love.
    He's voicing Miles Morales in the show now too
    It definitely wasn't a bad movie by any means. Just not a great one. 
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    Homecoming>the rest 

Fight me faggots 
    Yeah, it's my favorite too.

The Raimi movies are hokey and Garfield was too angsty
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
    It was the best version of Parker/Spidey and the story/characters were great. 
    Spider-Man 2>>>>>>>>>>>
    Idk. He was too clumsy