Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The MCU/DC Discussion and Spoiler Thread

Comments

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,202 mod
    Justice League will probably be ass

• MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Im not excited for Last Jedi in the slightest.

I wasnt for JL either, but Wonder Woman was so fucking good, Im hopeful for that to
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    FYI Disney's D23 expo starts tomorrow so expect a ton of news/trailers/announcements in this thread for the next 3 days

plenty of star wars stuff too
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Yeah WW got me hopeful
  • FIRENATHANIELHACKETTFIRENATHANIELHACKETT Posts: 35,393 spicy boy
    Nah JL is gonna be trash. DC has no direction
  • Jobe_Wan_KenobiJobe_Wan_Kenobi Posts: 19,439 moneytalker
    edited July 2017
    That's the easy money bet. One can only hope that with the success of WW all the suits at DC/WB will sit back and get the fuck out of the way and let's the directors go with their version of the story they want to tell without all of the interference that seems to plague their movies.

I'm pulling for them to get their shit together.
    Pass the god damn butter.
    Dime said:
    Yeah WW got me hopeful
    plus Im a fan of Gal Gadot now too ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    edited July 2017
    Jobe said:
    Im not excited for Last Jedi in the slightest.

I've waited my whole life for Luke Fucking Skywalker to do some new shit. Fuck you.
    he'll barley be in it. 

Star Wars is all about female leads now. Its the Rey show
  • DimeDime Posts: 10,239 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Me and Jake already got dibs
    Shes not hot
    Welcome to the "MC is always wrong" thread everybody.
    I hate you all
    So go watch Walker Texas Ranger.

character building and plot > ass kicking action 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    edited July 2017
    My piece:

1. Marvel kinda got put in a spot by having Spiderman land in their laps in time for Civil War. They actually remained as faithful to the comics as they could by having Spiderman and Iron Man team up. They kinda had to make do with what they had to work with to integrate him into the MCU as quickly as possible. Based on this, having Tony as his mentor is the most efficient way to keep things moving. This is also faithful to the Ultimate Spiderman stuff because Tony is his liaison with the Avengers there as well, so there's a precedent 

2. Have they established that there is no Uncle Ben? I've read that they intentionally skipped the origin story because it was kinda played out. Perhaps Ben is something they're saving for a later movie. They already skipped any mention of his parents and most of how he got his powers. It's possible that they are treating Homecoming as Spiderman's up-to-speed movie and they'll let the drama in later. Sony looks to be treating this as the doorway to their own little universe, so I'm sure we will get an oversaturation of Spiderman lore over the next 5 years

3. I'm not a fan at all of the way Marvel has kinda multiplied their heroes over the last 10-15 years. Multiple Hulks, Multiple Venoms, Multiple Spidermans, etc. I hate it. I'd much rather them create new characters and abilities than plod away at the same thing. So the idea that Flash can't be this Agent Venom means dick to me. I'm not interested AT ALL in Miles Morales. I couldn't care less about his uncle being in Homecoming. But other people like that shit and if it works in the movies Ill be fine with it. Like Jobe, I suffered through a childhood with no Marvel movies at all, so having this successful string of films is a godsend and it makes me hate millenials that much more when they complain about them. Spoiled little shits...

4. To include Venom in the current continuity, they're going to have to substantially change the sequence of events that lead up to him. Im assuming Spiderman gets the alien costume during the Infinity War, but that will already be a severe deviation from the comic. You're also skipping 30 years of lore to get to Venom. In the comics, Spiderman is married and out of college before Venom is a thing. To expect them to do the entire Spiderman story according to how its presented in the comics would put a Venom movie 5-10 years down the road. I dont see anyone complaining about that

and 5. Zach Snyder's daughter killed herself recently, so he removed himself from Justice League. DC being DC, they hired Joss Whedon to finish shooting it. Perhaps he can find a little bit of humor and soul and not have it just be one grimdark series of events leading into another