Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    Make America Rock Again - Dallas TX - 8/15/2017

Yeah I'm actually writing a review of this show, sue me.

For some reason this show started at like 5pm so I ended up missing the first band, Messer. Looked them up on youtube and realized it was prolly a good thing I did. 

Trapt - So of course everyone knows this band from their hit single "Headstrong" which I was honestly looking forward to hearing live, but I gotta say they kinda sucked. Just zero energy from the lead singer the whole time, dude barely moved around at all and seemed bored. They played a few new songs too which of course nobody gave a shit about. A couple tunes from their set were ok, and "Headstrong" was fun, but I don't ever plan on seeing them again. 

Sick Puppies - I went into this show not caring if I even watched this band, but they're actually not all that bad for hard rock. Lots of energy from each member and the songs were pretty catchy, even though I only was familiar with one of them. Also, I later found out the lead singer/guitar player only joined just last year, so that's a bit of a bummer knowing it's not the original guy. Whatever, worth checking out. 

Drowning Pool - I know they've gone through more lead singers than Donald Trump has wives, but these dudes are actually pretty fun. They were the "heaviest" band of the evening and brought a ton of energy with the crowd mostly there for them, but they are from Dallas so that might have something to do with it. I also of course had to jump in the pit during "Bodies" which was a bit rougher than expected. The latest frontman does a good job with their material, and sounds a lot like they do on their albums, so that's nice. Overall, they're fun for novelty's sake at this point, but do go see them if you ever get the chance. 

Scott Stapp - Now, the time was upon us. The one and only, the almighty, the big pappa bear of buttrock..........SCOTT. FUCKING. STAPP. Even though a 1/3 of the crowd left before he graced the stage, he fucking brought it. And by brought it, I mean he literally only sang like 8 songs and left, all but 1 of which were Creed covers. I mean, it's not like I really cared to see anything else from him so whatever. I honestly couldn't stop laughing when he first came on stage cause like, it's just weird to see him so close. That being said I still sang my god damned heart out to each of the Creed songs they played cause that shit was my jam back in middle school. This was now my 3rd time seeing him live (I've seen Creed twice before), and to be honest I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

So yeah, don't go see this tour. You'll fucking hate it. 
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,793 spicy boy
    I read once a long time ago that the guys from Trapt were bored college kids that started a band just to make money. They never gave a shit about what they played, just tried to write songs for the radio. I know a lot of bands do that, but they were up-front about their lack of artistic interests
    That would make so much sense. 
  • NOLANOLA Posts: 6,353 jayfacer
    I can honestly say last nights show was easily one of it not the best concert I've been to. The show in Houston earlier in the year was really good. But this one was better on every level. The band was flawless. The crowd was awesome. Such an incredible experience. 

---The Whole of the Moon ---
    1. Sunday Bloody Sunday
    2. New Year's Day
    3. Bad / The Hands That Built America
    4. Pride 
    5. Where the Streets Have No Name / California (There is No End to Love) 
    6. I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
    7. With or Without You / Love Will Tear Us Apart 
    8. Bullet the Blue Sky / Black Dog (snippet) / War / America (West Side Story) 
    9. Running to Stand Still
    10. Red Hill Mining Town
    11. In God's Country
    12. Trip Through Your Wires
    13. One Tree Hill
    14. Exit / Wise Blood 
    15. Mothers of the Disappeared
    --- Intermission ---
    16. Beautiful Day
    17. Elevation
    18. Vertigo / The Saints Are Coming 
    19. Ultraviolet (Light My Way)
    20. One / Drowning Man 
    21. You're the Best Thing About Me
    22. I Will Follow
    edited October 2017
    A Day To Remember - Dallas TX - 10/4/2017

Got to the venue about 20 min till the first band was supposed to perform. My god the line was ridiculous, obviously a sold out show. Took us a bit to get inside but ended up only missing like 5 min of the first band.

Wage War - Saw these guys at RotR and they really impressed me. Seeing them indoors was even better as they are a pretty decent metalcore act. The crowd was already pretty damn big though so we just stood on the side and watched. The crowd seemed into it and I was surprised how familiar I already am with them. Nothing special overall about their sound but they're cool. Solid opener for ADTR. 

Moose Blood - Ok, so this was weird. Their music isn't even bad, but they are basically a straight up indie band playing main support for ADTR. If they had switched the first two bands it would've worked out alright, but nobody gave a shit about these guys, especially after such a heavy band playing before them. The crowd was so still during their set, which made it almost impossible to get back from the god damn restroom considering how fucking packed the venue was. Most everyone in the crowd was just talking to their friends through the set too. Again, nothing bad about the band overall but it just didn't make sense to have them as the main support act. 

A Day To FUCKING Remember - Now here was the band we all came to see. The crowd started packing in even more once they came on stage and it was a fight to stay on my feet for the remainder of the night. Btw, as soon as the first song hit, I started making my way to the middle of the crowd, and as I'm trying to cut through people I feel some stupid chubby white bitch start digging her nails into my arm. I just let it happen for a second cause it wasn't really that bad but I finally turn around and damn was she pissed off. Apparently I bumped into her as I made my way into the crowd? I asked her what the prob was but she just kept telling me to fuck off and to go away and then tried to push me away. Lol k. Whatever. Anyway I get further into the crowd and it's eventually just a sea of people crowd surfing and shoving. The band played a good set, although it was shorter than I've seen before from them. 5 songs from Homesick are always gonna make me happy though so it's all good. Confetti, streamers, and beach balls filled the venue as the set went on and Jeremy was honestly on point with his vocals and the band had great stage presence as usual. The crowd was insane and I couldn't have had a better time. My gf and I were both sweaty as fuck after the show ended but it was well worth it. Can't wait to see them again. Also caught a pick \m/ 
    Post edited by That_Guy_Arlo on
  • ...... Posts: 31,548 master of ceremonies
    Wage War won't be a band very long anyways. 
    inb4lists
    ... said:
    Wage War won't be a band very long anyways. 
    Spill the beans
    Something about them being young and dumb and signing a contract they didn't like which means they will break up after the three albums for that label 
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    Tried getting pits started, but nobody was having it today.

Openers were better today. 
    Crowd was better yesterday.
    Perturbator played the same set both days.
    Was fun both days.
    Synth noobs need to mosh and get into it more.
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    Someone review the show fuck
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,003 master of ceremonies
    Yeah crowd was similar for adtr when I went with my gf. Prib would have been fun if I really liked the band but since I'm casual, having crazy crowdpush when we were off to the side was complete cancer.
    Converge were awesome, and the opener Pile were pretty cool as well.

Eighteen Visions/Vanna farewell tonight. 
    inb4lists
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,400 spicy boy
    Pic :!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Didn't take one. 
    inb4lists
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,400 spicy boy
    Didnt happen then
    Professional photographer- didn’t take pictures...
    I don't take pictures of myself with it :|
    inb4lists