Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

***The Official TV Show Thread***

Comments

• Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    How I Met Your Mother
    The Rules of Engagement
    Two and A Half Men
    Modern Family
    It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia
    South Park
    The Ultimate Fighter
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    Sons of Anarchy
    Criminal Minds
    It's Always Sunny
    True Blood
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    True Blood
    Sunny
    King Of the Hill
    King Of Queens
    Jersey Shore
    Sopranos
    Boardwalk Empire
    Curb Your Enthusiasm
    Hung
    Raymond
    Teen Mom
    The Soup
  • AdamAdam Posts: 11,533 balls deep
    Calfornication
    Shamless
    Ture Blood
    Entourage
    Tosh. O
    Spongbob
    Teen Mom
    Lights Out
    Jeresy Shore
    Sopranos
    Archer
    Skins
    Hung

• NOCAPNOCAP Posts: 37,201 mod
    Next Season should be
    True Blood
    The Ultimate Fighter
    Dexter somewhere in the fall

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    damn.....

Veteran broadcaster Regis Philbin announced today that he will be retiring from the weekday talk show "Live With Regis and Kelly" after nearly 28 years.

Philbin broke the news this morning at the top of his show.

"This will be my last year on this show," Philbin said. "It was the biggest thrill of my life ... There is a time that everything must come to an end for certain people on camera, especially certain old people."

Philbin said he would be stepping down from the show "at the end of the summer into the fall, whatever it is," but didn't specify a departure date. Though he's departing, the "Live" franchise will continue: The Disney-ABC Television Group plans to name a new personality to join Kelly Ripa, who has co-hosted the show for nearly ten years.

Philbin, 79, has been a television personality since the 1950s. After beginning his TV career in Los Angeles, Philbin moved to New York City and WABC-TV in 1983. Kathie Lee Gifford joined him there in June 1985 and in September 1988, their AM entertainment hour debuted in national syndication. Its title was changed from "The Morning Show" to "Live with Regis & Kathie Lee."

Often called the "hardest working man in show business," Philbin set a Guinness World Record for most hours on camera with his Aug. 20, 2004 "Live" show, which gave him a total of 15,188 hours on television. In 2006, his record was updated to 15,662 hours.

In addition to "Live," Philbin is famous for formerly hosting the ABC game show "Who Wants to Be a Millionaire," the CBS game show "Million Dollar Password," and the NBC competition show "America's Got Talent."

A three-time Emmy Award winner, Philbin was also honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award from the National Academy of Television Arts & Sciences in 2008.

Last year, Philbin took time off from his hosting duties to have a blood clot removed from his leg. He also had hip replacement surgery in December 2010 and triple heart bypass surgery in 2007.

Philbin has been married to his second wife, interior decorator Joy Philbin, since 1970. He has four children, two with Joy Philbin and two with his first wife, Kay Faylan.
  • RAZORRAZOR Posts: 7,664 jayfacer
    ;-; noooo Regis
    imageimage
  • OPPOPP Posts: 50,132 spicy boy
    Maybe he can do Who Wants To Be A Millionare again..... even though it probably won't happen :/
    I love winning with women
    Read that earlier. Guess it had to be time.

• ZmbieFlavrdCupcakesZmbieFlavrdCupcakes Posts: 32,259 jayfacer
    when does TB start again?
    imageimage
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    June 12, apparently.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Tb?
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    true mofuckin blood, broseph
    imageimage
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    Hmm. Pass.

I watched the first season and found myself very bored. That show was not for me but I'm also not into the whole vampire fad that has been going on lately. Good to know a date though so I can let my lady know
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    i like the combo of vampires and fucking soo..
    imageimage
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Posts: 12,604 balls deep
    What did you see?

• Its_Meh_ChewIts_Meh_Chew Posts: 7,380 just the tip
    Per Michael Ausiello (there are no spoilers here)

Question: Your True Blood spoiler from last week about Jason is torturing me. Any other details about his big risqué scene? —Stephen
    Ausiello: At the Globes, Ryan Kwanten said the sequence in question elicited an “audible gasp at the table read… and for our actors to be shocked at anything is a big deal.” Remember: This has the potential to be as shocking, if not more, than last season’s head-spinning sexscapade between Lorena and Bill. Hmmm…
  • MetalCoresadesMetalCoresades Posts: 57,483 spicy boy
    dont watch too much TV but i do watch

Two and a Half Men
    Dragonball Z (Kai)
    Invader Zim
    Ren and Stimpy
    Metalocalypse

and when its on (which is rare)
    Beavis and Butthead
    Do You Like Hurting Other People?