Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

**Official 2024 Detroit Lions Thread**

Comments

• LiveFreeDieLiveFreeDie Posts: 8,050 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Eagles, Patriots have offers out to Peppers

The Eagles and Patriots have offers on the table for free-agent DE Julius Peppers, who is currently on his way to Chicago to visit the Bears.

Peppers’ agent, Carl Carey, said earlier Friday that Bears coach Lovie Smith traveled to North Carolina to visit with Peppers.

I hope the Patriots get him. We need help with the defense bad.
    Death is not the worst of evils. You can't be down, when you're always high.
  • PrimalScream31PrimalScream31 Posts: 3,544 mod
    edited March 2010
    Free agent DE Kyle Vanden Bosch has agreed to a four-year, $26 million deal with the Lions, according to ESPN. $10 million is guaranteed in the first year.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,400 spicy boy
    burleson for 25 mil? wow....idk about that one
    "The Bucs have a "huge" interest in free agent DE Aaron Kampman, according to Brad Biggs of the National Football Post."

kampman needs to be in a 4-3 defense so this would work.
    photo mayhemsignature2013_zps1209e6fd.jpg I wanna slit your throat and fuck the wound.
    Dolphins will be releasing safety Gibril Wilson today which will make him free to sign with any other team.
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    "burleson for 25 mil? wow....idk about that one"

He's a solid number two receiver. He just has to do enough to give Calvin some breathing room. Vanden Bosch is a hell of a signing, but I hope they keep the #2 pick.....they need to do more and get into the Antrel Rolle sweepstakes while the Bears are hung on Peppers.
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    "Panthers GM says Delhomme release not money-related "

Well DUH Captain Obvious. lol
    The Panthers were almost a playoff team with Matt Moore playing QB, why wouldn't they do that...
    um.....it is money related, he had a huge contract.....and yeah thats a 5 year deal for burleson 2.....so now that i think about it its a good deal, vanden bosch has to return to form tho...hopefully we can sign rolle that be awesome
    panters weren't really almost a playoff team....
    Its not money related...its an uncapped year therefore they don't take a cap hit. they just lose the money that he guaranteed. If this year wasn't uncapped then he would still be a panther today.

His INT's are what got him released.
    i have a feeling paying a guy who sucks a bunch of money has something to do with it
    edited March 2010
    "panters weren't really almost a playoff team...."

They were 8-8 and 4-1 with Moore as QB, yes they were.

And another thing about Burleson, his numbers from last year line up pretty comparably to Calvin's last year....granted, Calvin was hurt. But if he puts up similar numbers, he will be the number two receiver we desperately need. With Pettigrew coming back, the receiving corps looks good.
    3 games out of the wild card is not close in my book, and yes on the burleson thing
    If Moore was QB for the whole season, I think they were good enough to make the playoffs. After losing Peppers, I'm not sure about them anymore. They'll need to replace him.
    yeah, not really any replacing of him going on tho lol
    Apparently not.
    Chester Taylor reaches agreement with Bears on a four-year, $12.5 million deal that includes $7 million guaranteed in year one.
    Julius Peppers is a Bear.

Julius Peppers' contract in Chicago is expected to pay him roughly $40 million in the deal's first three years.

• HOODSHOODS Posts: 41,866 destroyer of motherfuckers
    chester taylor is great to have in a utility role, but they paid too much for hime, i guess they had to, they have noone else and no draft picks.

noway the eagles get rid of mcnabb, reid has done whatever he wanted in philly for a decade, whats gonna change now, but i do like kobb and think he'll be the started one day, he looked decent in his 2 games he had this year where he had a week to prepare, if they do get rid of mcnabb, they offer better blow them out of the water but i dont think that will happen.

why would denver let marshall go? i know hes been a pain in the dick, but he's a great fuckin player.mcdaniels needs to put his differences aside and realize that marshall is all they have on offense. i heard they get a 1st round pick from the team that signs him though. but who knows, that pick might turn out to be a bust. denver would be taking a step back letting him go.