Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

The Concert Review Thread

Comments

• streetsstreets Posts: 3,351 just the tip
  • FLATFLAT Posts: 60,558 spicy boy
    i went to Mac Miller last night with some friends. It was alright nothing too special. 6/10

show ended before ten lol
  • mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It was getting passed the kiddies bed time
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • MenAreTrashMenAreTrash Posts: 27,667 spicy boy
    Foo Fighters, October 19th, 2011 at the Oracle Arena.

Mariachi El Bronx: I hadn't taken the time to look them up before the show, but once we got in the venue and I saw the stage, I was just assuming they might be like a Mexican Gogol Bordello based on the instruments that I saw layed out. But nope, I was wrong. This wasn't a rock band with mariachi influences, it was a mariachi that had a singer who sang in English. They barely had any rock aspects to them. No electric instruments, no distortion, hell, their drummer didn't even have a full kit. Their music was fun and their guitarist/accordianist and violinist were pretty talented. Unfortunately, they were pretty lacking in stage presence or crowd interaction. Also, the mix wasn't the best, so it was hard to hear the trumpets most of the time. They were interesting, but not the most entertaining band out there.

Cage the Elephant: I had heard a little bit of their stuff before hand, enough that I recognized a song or two. They were pretty good. Their singer had great stage presence, running about the place and stage diving pretty often. I wish the rest of the band would've modeled their behavior a little after the singers, because they were just kind of there, but they were spot on as far as I can tell, so no big deal. Musically, they sounded pretty good. I like indie rock a fair amount, but like tons of other music, haven't really explored it much yet. These guys had a varying sound, and I liked it, so I'll be getting some of their stuff soon.

Foo Fighters: Jay, you were right. These guys were fucking incredible. Now, I'll the first to admit that I don't think these guys are anything outstanding. They're a good rock band, but if you've checked out my album list, you can see that I don't love Wasting Light like some others do, but it's definitely a good album. Anywho, these guys delivered live, that's for sure. For one, the set-list had tons of material spanning their career and was just full of great choices. One thing I really liked is how they changed all the songs for the live setting, adding things in the beginning, middle, and end of songs more often than not and it was remarkable. Another thing that needs to be mentioned, Dave Grohl is the best best front man I've ever seen. His stage presence is just on a level I haven't experienced before. He was full of energy, interacted with the crowd a lot, and was just a genuine badass. To be frank, his swag was off the charts. He secreted good vibes and showered us all in his beautiful secretions. Foo Fighters a great live band and if you have the opportunity to see them, do it. You will not be disappointed.
    Oh, one last thing I should mention is that Bob Mould joined them for Dear Rosemary. Apperantly he's on the album...

Mariachi El Bronx: 7/10
    Cage the Elephant: 8/10
    Foo Fighters: 9.5/10
  • KridesBrideBrittKridesBrideBritt Posts: 25,781 jayfacer
    I want to see them. :(

That's awesome.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
  • NolaFree810NolaFree810 Posts: 36,796 moneytalker
    Diamond Plate - decent thrash band was pretty fun 8/10

Landmine marathon - fuckin crazy..seriously loved them..lame ass neo thrash crowd didnt give them any love but its okay..the chick is even hotter irl too 9.25/10

lazarus ad - bleck 4/10

left before warbringer cuz my friend has to work early tomm but im sure they sound like every other fuckin thrash band ever
  • That_Guy_ArloThat_Guy_Arlo Posts: 14,026 master of ceremonies
    God damn it I need to see LM!!!
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Foo Fighters: Jay, you were right. These guys were fucking incredible. Now, I'll the first to admit that I don't think these guys are anything outstanding. They're a good rock band, but if you've checked out my album list, you can see that I don't love Wasting Light like some others do, but it's definitely a good album. Anywho, these guys delivered live, that's for sure. For one, the set-list had tons of material spanning their career and was just full of great choices. One thing I really liked is how they changed all the songs for the live setting, adding things in the beginning, middle, and end of songs more often than not and it was remarkable. Another thing that needs to be mentioned, Dave Grohl is the best best front man I've ever seen. His stage presence is just on a level I haven't experienced before. He was full of energy, interacted with the crowd a lot, and was just a genuine badass. To be frank, his swag was off the charts. He secreted good vibes and showered us all in his beautiful secretions. Foo Fighters a great live band and if you have the opportunity to see them, do it. You will not be disappointed.
    Oh, one last thing I should mention is that Bob Mould joined them for Dear Rosemary. Apperantly he's on the album...
    =D>
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    grohl is the best frontman you ever seen cuz youve never seen anselmo...the end
    Robb Flynn> Anselmo in my opinion.
    kristianPhotobucketPhotobucket Trephination-Tuesday Nights/Wednesday Mornings...11pm-1am- http://wrsu.rutgers.edu/listen.html
    i wish i had a funny enough gif for that horribly wrong post
    I've seen Anselmo too, but I feel Flynn gets everyone's blood up more.
  • jagjag Posts: 5,033 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ahhh.. someone with common sense.. then again theyre locals and peolpe act like theyre gods gift to thrash..nevertheless, theyre close friends of mine
  • BrianBrian Posts: 17,611 destroyer of motherfuckers
    Ahhh.. someone with common sense.. then again theyre locals and peolpe act like theyre gods gift to thrash..nevertheless, theyre close friends of mine
    CHICAGO BAY AREA BRO
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    Landmine marathon - fuckin crazy..seriously loved them..lame ass neo thrash crowd didnt give them any love but its okay..the chick is even hotter irl too 9.25/10
    Damn, I hope the crowd isn't gay here too but they probably will be.

I'll prob opt for rail then, for them at least.
    nike Pictures, Images and PhotosTUPAC IS DEAD/THE LEGEND IS GONE/THEY SAYIN TUPAC'S BACK?/DEM NIGGAS WRONG
    and whats up with thrash doods and only doing circle pits?? do they even know how to mosh?

for landmine she wanted a pit goin soe like four dudes start runnin in a circle..im like u dont circle pit to landmine marathon, so i start runinn backwards and start haulin ass...i smoke to much weed for that circle crap lol i just wanna hit people...
    and whats up with thrash doods and only doing circle pits?? do they even know how to mosh?

for landmine she wanted a pit goin soe like four dudes start runnin in a circle..im like u dont circle pit to landmine marathon, so i start runinn backwards and start haulin ass...i smoke to much weed for that circle crap lol i just wanna hit people...
    I like circle pits, as long as there's actual pushing involved and it's not just running laps
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies

I like circle pits, as long as there's actual pushing involved and it's not just running laps
    Or jogging laps...

Or jogging laps...
    Uh....k
  • XenoXeno Posts: 21,007 master of ceremonies
    Every circle pit except maybe one I've seen in person were retards jogging.