Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

*Official MLB thread*

Comments

• mrAPEmrAPE Posts: 39,476 moneytalker
    It's 100 something bucks for the season however one of the guys from fantasy gets it and let's everyone use his password.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
  • Chicken_FuckerChicken_Fucker Posts: 15,691 destroyer of motherfuckers
    It's cute that ape is so protective of the minor league ;;)
  • Rex_Capone420Rex_Capone420 Posts: 69,405 spicy boy
    thats awesome...i think thats worth it...especially if i have to get a second shift job
    On nightshift I would be flipping through games non stop checking on my players. It works awesome on my iPhone and the picture was amazing for being on a phone. People that had droids the screen would be jumpy.
    You tryin to be a hero fool? You wanna see badass mother fucker?! I'll show ya a badass!!!
    edited August 2012
    thats some good info to know....yeah im trying to get in to a couple pretty established companies rather then deal with bullshit so there is virtually 0% i will get day shift
    Droid problems maybe worked out by now. It was last year
    I have a feeling some interesting shit is going to be said by the pirates after this game. I don't know if it was intentional or not but first pitch to mccutchen and chapman hit him with a 101 mph fastball.

Oo reds just won. 4 1/2 up now. 24 above 500. And it was a shutout
    tigers are killing the baseball tonight
  • JLRedWing13JLRedWing13 Posts: 48,695 mod
    Come on Angels [-O<
    JLRedWing13's Profile PagePhotobucketimage
    I don't really have a feeling either way for the angels but for some reason I want to see them fail this year
    Well for the next few games they need to succeed.
  • drinkwine732drinkwine732 Posts: 20,418 destroyer of motherfuckers
    edited August 2012

I probably won't watch baseball for a long time if the DH comes to the NL.

8-| It really doesn't change the game all that much. I just want one set of rules. It's just ridiculous to me that the two conferences in baseball play by a set of different rules.
    Probably one of the few times I've ever drastically disagreed with something you say when it comes to sports.

It changes the game almost entirely. It makes setting the batting order almost entirely different, and the concept of a pinch hitter is nearly meaningless in the AL.

Verlander had a slightly shaky start but was on fire in the top of the 7th, but now in the bottom of the 7th you're down 2-0 and it's his turn in the batting order with the bases loaded. Do you pinch hit him and believe in your bullpen? Do you stick with him and believe he can still throw 97 in the 8th? It completely changes the strategy of the game.

It also makes comparing pitchers in the AL and NL really inaccurate.
    My Top Albumsidrinkwine732's Profile Page
    Thats exactly why the national league sucks. Your pitcher can worry about pitching and not get pulled in an important spot in an important game because he can't hit.

great point wine!! =D>
    edited August 2012

Do you stick with him and believe he can still throw 97 in the 8th? 

lol

:)) =))
    Sox win in the 10th on a Rios homer! \m/

Sox win in the 10th on a Rios homer! \m/

:-L

Do you stick with him and believe he can still throw 97 in the 8th?

To answer that question....yes. He can throw 100 in the 8th if he wants to. lol

Your post is a fair point to be sure, but I personally like the idea of pitchers being able to pitch. Sure, a pitcher can smack a home run once in a while like Latos can, but most of the time the pitcher is a black hole in the lineup. I believe most of the time in the situation you just described, you would pinch hit for the pitcher. Not much strategy involved at that point unless it's a special pitcher.

I do believe that MLB needs to pick a set of rules and stick with it for both leagues. I am just a proponent of the AL game.
  • SATANSATAN Posts: 25,794 spicy boy
    The DH is stupid and lazy. They might as well have a completely different squad batting and fielding, like football. How do you arbitrarily decide that one position doesn't have to hit? And inb4: not all pitchers can't hit. Historical: Babe Ruth was a pitcher first. Recent Proof: Rick Ankiel. Pitchers are stunted now because the entire minors is DH in addition to the AL. Unless you make it up to an NL team quickly, it's easy to see how one could fall out of habit as a hitter.
    i like how everyone side on this argument directly coincides with the league of the team they root for lol
  • MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,621 master of ceremonies
    3 straight for the Rangers...now if they only keep it up.