Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Gotta Catch Em all! Topps Heavy Metal Trading Cards

MarcTheFallenMarcTheFallen Posts: 26,620 master of ceremonies
photo Heavy-Metal-Topps-Trading-Card_zps03cabf9b.jpg

Topps baseball cards will be including metal legends now in their card packs. It's all a big conspiracy to turn young kids on to good metal and I've never been so happy about it.

So Topps are including cards now of legends like Lita Ford, Scott Ian, Sebastian Bach, and seven others in on their packs for… some reason I haven't really comprehended yet. I guess because music belong with sports Or there's a lot of metal baseball fans and metal gets played at stadiums? I really don't have an explanation for you. All I know is that "the 10-card autograph set will be one of three additional insert sets to the previously announced 2013 Topps Archives release." Here are the artists involved in the 10 card set:

Sebastian Bach, Skid Row
Tommy Lee, Motley Crue
Kip Winger, Winger
Reb Beach, Winger
Lita Ford
Bobbie Brown from Warrant’s Cherry Pie video
Stephen Pearcy, Ratt
Scott Ian, Anthrax
Dee Snider, Twisted Sister
Axl Rose, Guns N’ Roses

According to a quote obtained by Blabbermouth with Scott Ian talking on the subject:

"I was definitely excited," Scott Ian said. "I collected cards as a kid and years ago, in the late '80s, they did these rock cards and I thought that was cool, but to find out I had an actual Topps card, the only way I can describe it is like going from the minors to the majors. I finally made it to the big show."

Hey, at least he's pumped about it. I'm not not pumped about it either, I just don't really get what the correlation here is. Check out the video below, it kind of explains things a little.

Comments